Saturday, April 2, 2011

I delight in learning from LB.

Christin and Justin at Graduation

Yesterday was the first day of soccer. 8 special kids come together every spring to play soccer together. I was privileged enough to play with them for the 'season opener'! At the end of the game one of the parents asked if our family would take his two boys home. Well, the one, Justin had sat down on the curb and wasn't about to move. 3 different parents, all of whom he was well acquainted with were trying to convince him that it was okay to ride home with us, after all he'd done it before. Finally my Dad said, Christin will get him. So along come Christin and I down the hill. I watch Christin walk over, crouch down by Justin, put his arm around him and said, "Justin, its me, Christin, come get in car. Come on." She keeps her arm around his shoulders, he stands up and they walk right to the car together. Once in the car, she helped him put on his seatbelt like the most caring, compassionate person in the world. That's just the way she is.

I think the rest of us stood there with amazement and appreciation. Appreciation for the individual gifts we've each been endowed with. Particularly for the special gifts that these precious special children have been given. Appreciation for the examples of Christ-like souls who we love and are loved by each day.

1 comment:

  1. That made me tear up. She is so sweet! I love Christin!

    ReplyDelete