Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I delight in the unexpected life.

Tonight Sister Kristen M. Oaks (wife of Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) came to speak to my relief society. All day I had been teetering with going or not going. But I decided a long time ago, that I was going to go. So I did. And boy am I glad I did.

I walked in to a beautiful table of refreshments for after--delicious looking cupcakes. So, I'm headed into the chapel, I turn the corner, and there is 1 person standing in the foyer...Elder Oaks. Imagine my surprise. I say, something...I don't even know what, it caught me so off guard. All I remember was thinking...you spoke to me in the MTC. Anyway, he greeted me and I him, and he thanked me for coming. He thanked me...I thanked him back!

So that was neat! :) And his wife...well she is really fantastic. She recently wrote a book called A Single Voice. She spoke to us of our experiences we now face and potentially will face as single sisters in the church, for however long our 'single-ness' lasts. I was so appreciative of the words she spoke on many levels, if you want more details about the talk, I'll happily tell you all about it but for now...I'll share the inspiration that spoke so powerfully to my heart.


The unexpected life is no less a life.

And isn't that true. And won't it continue to be true...for whatever life holds for each of us. Whatever it is...its a life, we signed up for this!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is true! How often does life throw us curve balls, that we never see coming? No matter what comes in this life, it is a life. Our life. And it is a matter of what we choose to do with it, expected and unexpected, that makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete