Sunday, April 10, 2011

I delight in talents.

Today, Craig told me that a relative moved into the singles ward. Really? I said. This might be typical for a lot of people, but not for us. Of course, Craig, being a family history whiz and all, puts connections together much better than I do. All he needed to hear was the last name Hinckley and the state of Washington and his wheels were turning. I on the other hand, didn't even know we were related to any Hinckley's. Anyway...I'm sure at this point, Craig went home and checked through the databases to see if this kid was indeed related. Well, today he sat next to the kid and inquired. Craig's passion of family history can get him to do a lot of things he wouldn't typically do...like sitting down and initiating a conversation with someone. Anyway, indeed his suspicion was correct. Craig asked the boy if he was related to a Rhonda Hinckley and sure enough, it was his Grandma. And so, somehow, through my great grandparents...we're related. Don't ask me how. That's why I have Craig as a brother, he's always just a phone call away. I appreciate this talent that Craig has. I appreciate how many lives he blesses through the work that he does. I also appreciate the diligence with which he searches for family members and his bravery in contacting people he doesn't even know. Very very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment