Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I delight in the 50 states.


So I have a goal to visit all the 50 states. I've never been one to desire world travel although some world travel (maybe just to Ireland and Sweden, oh and the Louvre) would be fantastic.

I've always been the kind who likes to not just look to the destination but the getting there. Hence...a bus trip to Nauvoo, Illinois and the round about trip back to my mission via New York, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Anyway, I found this website and clicked all the states I'd been to so I could now have a visual representation of all the states I still need to make memories in.

How do I feel about the places still left to explore? I'm really excited about the pacific north west and the south. I have always wanted to spend time in Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana. I've also always wanted to go to Northern California, Oregon and Washington...spend time in the land of tall timbers and beaches. Alaska and I are going to have a great time together one day...fishing will be involved, but no bears. Hawaii, I have my doubts about--islands just weird me out. Love 'THE' island but you know...it does have a bridge so that kind of decreases the 'weirded out' feeling just a bit. I think the hardest trip is probably going to be the Dakota's, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia. Tell me what's cool in those states so I can gear myself up or give myself a reason to one day go there. Research still must be done. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas might also be an interesting area for me. Any favorite things there? I can't believe how much of the East I've seen...that missing little pocket will get covered when I go to lower New York one day....I've only been upstate (which I also plan on returning to one day...upstate New York and Maine and I are not done making memories. Same with the West...I'm a westerner at heart and it will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment