Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I delight in a back-up alarm.

Ma mere et moi.

My alarm and I get in fights all the time. He plays me music at ridiculous hours of the morning that apparently I agreed to at some previous time but at the time he actually goes off...I wonder what I could have possibly been thinking. After all it doesn't take me that long to get ready, and I don't really need to do this or that, and who needs breakfast?

Basically in the morning...I can convince myself of anything and time has no meaning. Then about an hour later, reality hits. Have I really been wasting all this time in bed? I hit my snooze how many times? There are readings to read, e-mails to respond to and soaps to be written and now I have to go in 30 minutes!!! Hello panic mode.

Enter my alarm. When I got my new phone, I couldn't get the alarm to work just right. Mom volunteered to call me as a back up. Then I started just sleeping through my alarm, and again, my sweet mom volunteered to call. And now, even though I wake up, I can't seem to get up...and so my Mom has been calling me when her alarm goes off in the mornings...at six. You see she has to get up to do LB's blood and shot (she has diabetes so this is a normal activity), so she doesn't mind calling me since she's already up.

My mom has the impeccable ability to be super happy in the morning. Morning gets along with my parents and brother as for LB and I...not so much. She calls me with such 'perkiness' it almost makes me want to hang up. Then, somehow at 6 am, we start talking about something and before long my eyes (both of them) are awake and ready to welcome the day.

And so to my Mom,

You're the best back-up alarm I could ever ask for! :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally can relate to this! Aren't mom's the best?!

    ReplyDelete