Monday, June 20, 2011

I delight in sister time.

All weekend, I heard..."sister time is not today its on monday." Call me the cruel big sister but I had homework, things to do, and places to be.
So, I told Christin that "sister time" was Monday. And so, today, we had our sister time. The rest of the family headed south to the viewing and we got us some quality time together. You know, the usual...pizza at litzas, a trip to target, and the second harry potter movie. She drew pictures, I organized life, it was fantastic.
I don't know how I got so lucky (not that i believe in luck) to have a sister who wants to always have sister time with me, but I am so grateful for her.
I'm also happy that tonight was a 'success' on Craig's account. He walked in the door beaming from ear to ear; so happy about all the relatives he finally got to meet. Mom said, that one family walked in with 3 little kids, Craig rattled off all their names and they stood there stunned, wondering how someone they didn't know, seemed to know them and so well. Craig introduced himself as the family genealogist and everyone seemed to understand.
There is easily a quality (and quantity) of anxiety walking into situations like tonight--an un-'well-known' crowd, potential small children, potential people who don't 'understand.' But nothing brings more joy and more relief than an unknown crowd who becomes known, who understands and who believe in a bedtime for their children. Happy happy joy joy for successful days in the McQuivey household!

No comments:

Post a Comment