Friday, June 17, 2011

I delight in treasuring a memory.


Over Christmas Break last year our family went to visit Aunt Helen and her daughter Nancy. It was so nice to visit and spend time with them. Of the Dahlquist side of the family, my mother's mother's side--all of the children have passed away; three of the spouses remain: Helen, Afton and my grandpa, Harold. It was fun to hear Aunt Helen talk about Uncle Carlisle (who I never had the opportunity to meet) and Grandpa talk about he and "Rosie" in their younger years. Grandpa recently turned 90 and Helen was 93 so they're not spring chickens! :) I love hearing from the older generation about what it was like way back when. Aunt Helen passed away yesterday. I'm grateful to have known her however brief our visits were. I'm grateful she can be reunited with her husband whom she's been separated from for 30 years. I'm grateful for the memories that remain and the posterity that carries on.

No comments:

Post a Comment