Thursday, October 6, 2011

I delight in being "smark."


Once after Christin made a fantastic discovery I asked her how she figured it out, to which she replied, "I am smark sis!" (Of course intending to say, "I am smart sis!"

So now every time I think I have made a great discovery I think to myself, "I'm so smark!"

Well I had that thought in class the other night. Being "smark" in grad school means:
  • Not facebooking during class (also includes any type of 'chatting,' pinterest, etc.)
  • Taking notes when professors are telling you everything you need to know for the upcoming exam
  • Turning things in when they're due
  • Asking intelligent questions that lead on that you have actually been paying attention to the last hour and a half of lecture
  • Finding the best study partner ever to whom you can ask all the questions that you want to preface with "don't judge me for asking you this pathetically basic question that I should already know"
  • Beginning study for exams long before the test approaches (this means at least a week and a half before)

No comments:

Post a Comment