Monday, October 24, 2011

I delight in good things to come.



Today has been an extraordinary day. I feel abundantly blessed. It did not have to be me, but it was and it has changed my life. Missions change your life forever. I have been thinking about the character of Christ today. I am grateful that in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ we are invited to know our Savior in such a personal manner as we follow his invitation to come unto me.

As a missionary, my mission president asked us to choose a favorite 'come unto Christ' scripture. Mine is this: 3 Nephi 9: 13-15

13 O all ye that are aspared because ye were more brighteousthan they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may cheal you?

14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I acreated the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. bI am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.

Today in my institute class, we talked about the parable of the Good Samaritan as an allegory for Christ and his role in saving us. I think that theme goes beautifully with what it says in verse 14--"Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive." He stands there with his arm of mercy extended to us, calling us to come unto Him. That choice is ours and its the best choice we can make every moment of our lives.

Great blessings and assurances come as the commitment to follow Christ is made. As Elder Holland puts it in the video above.

Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.

They come. That is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think Blogger really needs to add a "LIKE" button for each post! It is comforting to know that those blessings DO come.

    ReplyDelete