Friday, November 26, 2010

I delight in a cheering conundrum.

Rivalry Week: This week at the U (my current school) I've had to hear the term "carve a cougar." There are signs posted (even in the Institute) about how to do it. Its been a tough load to swallow. My beloved BYU seems to be becoming more endearing everyday as I wander traverse and navigate the foreign land of Salt Lake and the University of Utah. Why it seems like only yesterday I was a freshman wandering into Math 119, American Heritage, eating at the Pendulum court, and going to the women's lecture series on entrepreneurship. My how times change. All for the good! The past prepares us for the present and my present adventure is wonderful. I wouldn't have chosen any where else to go to grad school...especially as I hear other peoples experiences at other schools. I'm really happy to be where I'm at. No regrets. Loving almost every minute of it! :) But its this game, it gets me. Choosing sides. Choosing "my team." Do I by default choose my current school? Its is my favorite color. Or do I stick with the Alma Mater?

2 comments:

  1. Is there even a question here? Erin! You know where my loyalties lie, and you know deep down yours should be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a follow up...I wore blue! :) And was terribly sad at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete