Thursday, November 4, 2010

I delight in today.


Today I had the opportunity to meet a couple who had experienced a miracle. 7 years ago they were invited by a friend to join a lung study through the University of Utah. They would receive free CT scans and X-rays for 7 years so the researchers could collect data. They had both been former smokers so they figured why not and joined the study.
The first CT scan the husband received revealed he had lung cancer. Fortunately, they had caught it at an extremely early stage that they were able to do surgery, radiation, and 7 years later, he's still in remission and doing very well!
I could tell as they told the story that they still marvel at the miracle it was to find the cancer in such an early stage and that they are so grateful that he is still healthy and alive today.

*********
As I have recently experienced, life can change in an instant. Sitting in the pulmonary oncologists office flooded me with all the emotions I have experienced in the past 2 months since my own Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. Its been a roller coaster but in the same breath I have to say that there has been an undeniable peace through it all. I know the source of that peace has been and continues to be God, my Heavenly Father and His Son, my Savior Jesus Christ. Through His Atonement, everything that is unfair about life can be made right. While I may not know why we've had to experience this, I know that God knows and that's good enough for me. I know He has worked miracles and I'm grateful that I've been able to see so many...its a million little things.

**********

And so, today is an extra beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Erin. You are SO amazing! I love you!!! I love your attitude! I'm so grateful you're in my life!

    ReplyDelete