Friday, November 5, 2010

I delight in Christmas Music.


I took this picture last week, when it snowed. It was beautiful and it made my heart SO happy. This week, I've had Christmas on the brain (thank you Christin). I've reflected a lot on the past two Christmases I've experienced away from my family. Needless to say they were different than any other Christmases I'd previously experienced. There were things I missed but at the same time, I had a lot of unique experiences--like not worrying about shopping or parties or planning or decorating or school (finals). Basically the 'commercial' part of Christmas was removed from my Christmas experience and was replaced with teaching people about Christ--the real reason for the entire season! It was absolutely amazing.

And so I'm currently brainstorming and pondering what I want this Christmas season to be like. What family traditions I'll get to experience again and figuring out what 'traditions' I started on my mission I want to carry on.

I'll let you know more on that list later. For now I've just got this one:

So as you may or may not know, Canadians celebrate their Thanksgiving in October. So, after Halloween, they don't really have anything holding them back from putting up the Christmas decorations (okay I guess they have Remembrance Day--aw, I wish I had a red poppy!), playing the Christmas music and getting into the Christmas holiday. I've decided I'll stick with the Canadians on that one and start listening to Christmas music now, after Halloween and before Thanksgiving (even before my birthday)!!!

As the song just said...that's the jingle bell rock! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment