Sunday, November 28, 2010

I delight in November 2010.


November is one of my favorite months. Its been good to me this year and I want to share with you some brief experiences and delights I've had in this good month.
  • Recognizing how complicated I make things sometimes and how unnecessary that is.
  • Speak now. And say what you mean to say. Taylor and John say it best. Lots of potential issues could be resolved this way.
  • One of the best decisions I made this month is the decision to step away from facebook. Its something I've thought long and hard about and its the right thing for me for right now. I say that because I want you to know that I don't think facebook is inherently bad and I don't judge anyone who uses it. For all I know the time will come when I'll come back to it but for now my choice is made. That being said, I do intend to be better at my personal communications with those I love and care about. And I do mean personal communication...letter writing is a lost art, phone calls out of the blue never go out of style and dropping by someones house needs to make a comeback.
  • November taught me a thing or two about answers to prayers and how the spirit speaks to me.
  • I've very much missed my mission this month because this is my first November being back in the hussle and bussel of things. I'm grateful to have a renewed perspective from those two years away of what matters in this season.
  • 24...24 times in 24 hours. I've been waiting years for that.
  • 18 days of being 24 with my big brother.
  • I delighted a lot in my family this month. Good news from Dads doctors. Christin's cute card creation for my birthday. Craig showed me his 'secret place'--his safe spot in the church building. And Mom, bringing me a load of soup and oranges when I was sick.
  • Finally eating at the long awaited Ganesh with Nat on my birthday. And running around downtown Ogden in a santa suit with her. An event I'll never forget.
  • Spiritual experiences while reading the book of Isaiah.
  • Sharing a great thanksgiving with my family and hearing all the things they're grateful for.
  • Singing in the choir.
  • Black Friday traditions.
  • Snow.
  • Being able to love, lift, and smile.
  • Advent making with C & C.
  • Amazing clinic experiences.
  • And my final delight--not eating any more turkey sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful list of things to love, grow from and learn from in November! You had a great month!

    ReplyDelete