Thursday, November 3, 2011

I delight in the challenge to find delights.


Today it's really difficult to find a delight.

I'm in a fight with my teeth (again) and spent a good portion of my day having a pity party about it. Where do my eyes get so much water? Unfortunately, I have to deal with it for another week. Also unfortunately, my birthday is the day of doom for a now dead tooth in my mouth. My friend Mary, helped me put some perspective on having the day of doom be on the day of my birth celebration--remember last year's birthday when you pulled close to an all nighter doing the SALT assignment? "Good birthdays" are written off until grad school is over. There I go making life conditional but at this point--that's just the way it is.

In other news that does not involve my crying over dead teeth...

6 more weeks of school.

That's do-able.

A few glimmers of delights--
1. Drinking my first cup of hot chocolate this season--candy cane flavor, with canned cream, in LB's BYU mug.
2. Mom sent me back to SLC with pumpkin seeds she roasted just the way I like them.
3. Tooth is behaving itself, allowing me to get some serious study done.
4. I put away the halloween decorations and put up the thanksgiving decorations. I love thanksgiving exponentially more than halloween!
5. A nice classmate sent me a great study guide for my upcoming exam (the exam that is contributing to keeping this bum tooth in my mouth for another week).

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the tooth. That stinks! I hope it continues to cooperate for you. I caved and started drinking hot chocolate about three weeks ago! I love hot chocolate season - minus the cold weather. ;-)

    ReplyDelete