Friday, November 25, 2011

I delight in the hope of the future.


Thanksgiving was great. Pictures (all 3 that I took) to come. Delicious turkey, salads, vegetables and desserts--yum yum! Being surrounded by people I love, playing games, and chatting it up with family I just don't get to spend enough time with--it was great.

The downside (because somehow there always seems to be one), paperwork. And so, after a good family fix, down to my cave I retreated to write some final reports/soaps.

But then, I had an epiphany--this is the last Thanksgiving/Holiday I'll be spending doing homework! Ah ha!!! Once I made that connection, I was a happy camper. Somehow it all seemed just about time!

And so, a few more things to add to my thanksgiving thankful list:
21. This being the last thanksgiving I'm doing homework.
22. Watching my parents happily prepping thanksgiving dinner together
23. Watching Christin try to take back the garden hose from Rubes. Can you say tug of war?
24. Watching my adorable brother smile as he ate the unique dessert made devised for him
25. Getting a hug from the sweetest Grandpa in the world who I hadn't seen in ages (the one downside to not living in P-town).
26. Cutting out turkey's with Christin
27. Chatting about the day and Christmas with my parents around the table at the end of the day.
28. Knowing I was finally going to see a good friend I haven't seen in ages.
29. The list goes on and on but I'll stop here.

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving friends/family/mystery readers who read about the things I delight in. Thanks for letting me share. Thanks for your kind comments. I want you to know that I really do believe in hope. Hope of good days today and better days to come. Hope of the hard times getting better. Hope in "an High Priest of good things to come."


No comments:

Post a Comment