Friday, November 4, 2011

I delight in someone to watch over me.

Rubes has grown up a bit since this picture was taken--Dad does still pick her up though when she's not cooperating.

I talked Mom into taking a 'mock' headshot of me last weekend. I should just get a real headshot taken but in the meantime--this will due. Anyway...I took about as many pictures of her as she did of me as I metered the light and figured out backgrounds. This picture of her was my favorite! Classy Mom! :)

I'm so blessed to have earthly parents who take good care of me.

Since the first signs of 'the dying tooth' (see yesterday's post) Mom has been so kind to check on me everyday (she does that anyway) but now she asks me first thing--how I'm feeling. Sometimes I want to be annoyed, and sometimes I am, but deep down, all the time...I'm so grateful for someone who asks because they really care.

Dad called me tonight just to check in. He informed me it was snowing. It made my night. As a grad school invalid this weekend due to an exam on Monday--I was grateful for someone who would call to inform me about the outside world.



2 comments:

  1. Erin, I delight in reading this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have amazing parents! And, even though parents can be a bit irritating at times (I can say that since I AM a parent), it's always good to know that no matter what they always have our best interest in mind.

    ReplyDelete