Sunday, November 13, 2011

I delight in Disneyland: Part 1.

Once upon a time, the M girls went to Disneyland. They had a blast!

As professional worriers, my Mom and I worried about everything from bus rides, to finding gluten-free food, to making LB do a lot of walking, to making sure we could get on the rides.
LB was only a little excited.
I tied her up. We had to do something to be entertained at the airport.
On our way to Disneyland!

Somewhere between SLC and LAX
I have the sweetest Sister!
Us and all our stuff, waiting for the bus to take us to the Hotel.

Disneyland is so festive!
Our first stop was to City Hall to pick up a Guest Assistance Pass. This was a critical stop for us. I appreciate Disney's commitment to making the park accessible. I also appreciate their commitment to providing food for those with food allergies. While Disney's website didn't list specific places for those with gluten-free needs to eat--I can name a few:

Gluten-Free Accommodations made at:
The Plaza Inn--(baked chicken legs with mashed potatoes and vegetable)
The Village Haus--(hamburger complete with gluten free bun, dedicated fryer for the fries)
Troubador Tavern--(baked potatoes with various toppings--Christin tolerated the sour cream even though the modifed food starch was not specified)
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill and New Orleans Square Restaurant--(we never ate at either of these but talked to other fellow people with celiac who had success at these restaurants as well)
The Lucky Fortune Cookery--(rice bowl with chicken and a tart lemon sauce)

Most of the time, if you tell them you need something gluten-free, they'll send out the chef, or the employees will consult with the chef. At the Troubador Tavern--they brought me the lid of the sour cream so I could determine if it had wheat or not since it wasn't listed.

While we didn't like this ride, we liked that it was decorated for Christmas!
The Jungle Ride

There are so many rides we didn't get pictures on or of. Indiana Jones was probably our all time favorite. I think by the end we rode it at least 6 or 7 times. We loved both the Toy Story rides in both California Adventures and Disneyland. Those were the top favorites--plus others I mention later in this picture synopsis!

Waiting to see the princesses. Christin looks like she's having fun huh?
She met Tiana--aka the Frog Princess
She met Ariel--she LOVES Little Mermaid!

And Belle--She's another of LB's favorites!
I love this ride.
Note the duck in the picture above. It almost got run over by 2 boats, everyone was cheering for the safety of the duck. When it dodged its third boat, it finally made its way to the side. The crowd cheered for the duck!

The parade was AMAZING! Sorry the pictures aren't good. I love that they haven't forgotten about the Disney classics--the three cabellaros, mary poppins, peter pan, etc.
And then, there was the tangled princess--Christin squealed!
A mural in the Village Haus
Our trip to the Mad Hatter
Christin: "Sis, my feet is tired. And my knees is tired and my stomach's is tired, and my umbows (translation: elbows) is tired."
She was tired but such a good sport!!!
Feeling renewed for another day at Disneyland!


The Sword and the Stone--one of my favorite Disney movies!
The Carousel!
Cute little princess joined our picture!
The Aladdin play at California Adventures---GO! You will not be disappointed!
Ariel's ride is AMAZING!
Christin didn't really know what was coming when we took her on the Hollywood Tower of Terror. Mom and I had ridden it in Florida many moons ago. I think Christin's face is classic. Click to enlarge!
Bug's life. I felt so small...just like a bug!
Christin loves bumper cars. These ones moved SUPER slow though.
We rode this ride at least 5 times. We LOVED it!
Love this picture! The light was just right. We never went on the ferris wheel--as Christin says, "I not a huge fan sis."
I'm not sure what this was...but we took pictures!
World of Color does not disappoint. Talking to an employee they told us about the perfect place to watch from that did not require getting tickets.
Festive!
Does this picture really need a description?
Continued in Part 2 post

1 comment:

  1. Christin DOES have a great face in the tower of terror shot. The girl behind you has a very similar face, too! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the expression of absolute joy and excitement on Christin's face in the princess pictures! Despite having a very tiring day, it looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete