Monday, December 12, 2011

I delight in the ability to remember and pray.

I remember these days as if they were yesterday.
They were hard. But they were days of learning and growth.
Tonight as I talked on the phone with my Dad, we complained at length about being grad students and I delighted in every minute of it. Not that I delight in complaining but I delight in the company with whom I am able to complain with.

On my mission (see here), I had the opportunity to come to love a lot of people. When I hear about good things in their lives, my heart becomes so full of gratitude and love that I know them and love them. But when I hear of painful things, my heart is filled with pain. Cancer has come into one of their lives for the second time. Unfortunately, it never affects just one. The family, the friends, the ward, the community, every person who cares for them, the list goes on and on.

The word tumor makes me shutter. I think it always will. My heart goes out to those who are dealing with hard things and my heart is continually marveled at how they endure it with faith. I'm grateful to be able to remember. Remember the good, remember the bad. Remember the pain, the sorrow, and the rays of hope. Remember the lessons learned and the decisions made. Remember the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ and remember the power available through covenants. Remember that we are children of Heavenly Father who knows us personally. Remember that change is always possible. Remembering that we signed up for an eternal plan. These are the types of things I am grateful I can remember. I am grateful that where'er we are and where'er we go, we can always pray. always.

1 comment:

  1. Those are wonderful things to delight in each day! I certainly hope that everything works out okay with your friend who has cancer again. That horrible disease (in various forms) has affected my family, and several friends, far too often. My thoughts and prayers go out to them!

    ReplyDelete