Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I delight in a new kind of quilt.

Why my computers camera reverses the image in photobooth, I will never know.

I feel like this always happens.
I get busy or a new phase of life comes along and I stop blogging. Its not intentional. I just have to adjust into a new routine, I haven't found it yet.

I may not find it for a while--just saying.

In the meantime, Christmas happened. For me I experienced it in kind of a "whoosh...Christmas is over?" Though, I'm really happy Christmas was on a Sunday this year. Going to church on Christmas seems more than appropriate and helped me to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, on Christmas.

Christmas at my house is a pretty magical experience in terms of the maintenance of the "childlike love" of Christmas traditions. Could Christin be any more excited or any more full of hope of the treasures not only for herself but for others on Christmas morning? Could Craig smile any more as he opened "oldy moldy movies and CDs" that remind us all of the good 'ole days of "worry free media." (Pardon all of those quotations...geez!) And could I enjoy my siblings more? I'm so blessed.

Since Christmas, lots has happened. Lots of good, a little bad, and some in between.

Currently, I'm working buried in a project--a luxury of my last "Christmas break." It is a t-shirt quilt I started an entire year ago. I'm pretty proud of how its turned out thus far. The binding...well that's the last part and I've never done it before but I found a fantastic tutorial here that's proving to be very helpful!

What I've really been thinking a lot about lately is how to approach all I want to do in the following year--habits to be refined and developed, hobbies to enhance, time to be spent doing more worthwhile things, jobs to be found, and always always things to learn and people to help.

And so, I think I need to shake it up this year--approach it in a new way, only I have no idea what kind of new way. All I know so far is that it has to be something different.

How do you approach your new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment