Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I delight in "no worries."

because dogs never have worries

Lately, I have been S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D.
No surprise right?
It is the end of the semester.

My delight today is rooted in someone sending a reply to a very important e-mail and in the closing line saying, "no worries."

These seemingly insignifiant words might seem worthless to you, and they usually do to me too because they're usually a lie.

"Yeah no worries," they say but really they mean..."Its only 1/2 your grade."
or
"Don't worry about it," says the friend whom you've had to cancel on for various but legitimate reasons for the second time but they really mean,"I'm really disappointed you're canceling on me AGAIN."

But this time, even though it was something big and important, the "no worries" seemed sincere and I didn't feel worried. I did not feel worried.

And it was nice for a change.

And so, my goal because of this realization is: When I say, "No worries" to someone, I need to mean it so that the person I'm saying it to can feel a sense of relief. True relief. Its nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment