Monday, December 19, 2011

I delight in being home for the holidays.

these folks are no longer my neighbors but i have enjoyed their decorations for EVERY holiday...they're hardcore

Well I'm playing the catch up game but the end of the story is--I'm home for Christmas and couldn't be happier. The past week has been incredible--incredibly stressful and incredibly joyful!
  • I finished my last final ever. Boy does that feel good to say.
  • Christin slept over at my apartment
  • Went to Provo with LB, saw Grandpa and visited BYU (and Cabelas)
  • Craig slept over (it was his first sleepover and boy did we have a blast! I hope we can do it again! Nothing compares to quality time with my amazing brother!
  • Ate red iguana, went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert and saw the lights at temple square, drank hatch's hot chocolate AND drove around looking at Christmas lights with Mary (and we did it all while NOT discussing homework)
  • Moved home
  • Went to church at my Salt Lake ward where I sang in the choir and felt the spirit of Christmas so strong
  • Hung out with my awesome neighbors
  • Feasted with friends--always an entertaining experience
  • Organized all the stuff in my life--its way too much stuff
  • Did some Christmas shopping
  • Watched Christmas movies
  • Bowled with 'the gang'
  • Organized a semester's worth of papers
  • Burned a pile full of PHI info and bank documents--why is that so refreshing?

The point is, there is no place like home for the holidays. Eating meals with other people. Playing two games of Skip-bo over lunch. Praying and delighting as a family. Living in a house with heat and insulation! Finding joy watching Craig and Christin find Clyde, the family elf, every morning. Listening to the canada geese land in the back field. Playing with Ruby--worlds cutest puppy. Singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer with LB, world's cutest sis. Moving furniture around and creating a scarf rack with dear dear dad. Enjoying a trip into Sam's Club (for the first time EVER) with my big brother Craig. Watching Mom smell all the different types of perfumes Dad and I "potentially" picked out for her for Christmas. I have so much to be grateful for and so much to delight in. What have you delighted in lately?

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful list of things to delight in. I, unfortunately, haven't taken the time to sit down and really think about all my delights lately. I recognize them when I think of them, but with this silly "pregnancy brain" I never remember them unless I sit down and write them down on paper. I know, though, that I have SO MUCH to delight in. I am abundantly blessed!

    ReplyDelete