Thursday, December 1, 2011

I delight in December 2011.

This is not a picture from today. Today it was windy x 4 but no snow.


I delight in ringing in a new month, the last month of the year of death (that's what my friend Mary and I termed the year 2011 due to 3 semesters of grad school).

I'm grateful to ring in not only a great month, but a great special and spiritual season. The time that the world rejoices, remembers, and celebrates the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

December is a very traditional month for me. There are decorations I place (but not this year, see previous post), places I go, things I eat and drink, books I read, songs I listen to and people I get to see that I don't do any other time of the year.

Last year however, I decided something needed to be different in the future. Throughout the season I was repeatedly asked in essence, "What are you giving to Jesus?" At first I was taken aback by the question, but upon thinking about it, I re-examined my commitment to coming to Christ and my commitment to change and progress.

I decided it would be fun to add a little "S.A.S." to December this year. I don't want to ruin it though by telling you what my acronym stands for but it is going to be great.

I'm curious about what other peoples traditions are. What places do you visit? What are the books you read? Things you eat? Songs you listen to? I'm going to make sure I share some of mine with you this month as I delight in each one of them.

On the first day of December my true love (who?) gave to me...1 final report, one study guide and soaps x3. I'm sure the other days of Christmas have more promising things in mind. I'm just certain of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment