Thursday, February 3, 2011

I delight saliency.

There is something about the experience of sand and ocean air that sticks with you.
The smell, the feel, the touch, the peace, the cool, the perfection of the moment.
Today I'm grateful for the vivid memories of the experience I had this summer on the red sandy beaches of prince edward island. And in the moments we most need it...
these memories come back for a visit!

Today I'm buried in paperwork, working under deadlines, trying to balance class, clinic, and life...nothing new really. But the other day I bought a skipping rope also known as a jump rope.
Instead of getting frustrated sitting in a sea of paperwork, I decided I need to allot breaks for skipping rope. A time when I put out of my mind my school work and think of happy things. Today's happy thing was the memory of this beach while skipping rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment