Sunday, January 1, 2012

I delight in 2011.

At the beginning of this year I was certain this was going to be the year of death and that I'd be lucky if I survived. But lo and behold, three semesters of grad school aka the most academically and mentally challenging year of my life has passed and I'm still here to tell the tale.

...::: Highlights from 2011 include :::...
--celebrating 1 year home from my mission--treating my very first client ever--
--social skills groups--attending ASHA--going to St. George/Zions/Kanab with my family--
--working with some of the most amazingly talented and educated supervisors ever--
--spending fall break in Disneyland with my Mom and LB--
--learning to love love love my ward and serve the dear sisters of the Ensign YSA ward--
--traveling to California 3 times in 1 year--sleeping the entire car ride to Rio Del Mar, CA--
--experiencing San Francisco understanding what they mean when it's said, "I left my heart in San Francisco."--secured 3 awesome externships for the upcoming semester--
--learned lots and lots of new lessons--ran a half marathon--met temple grandin in real life--
--finally went to the Cleveland Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry--went to the Vernal Temple---
--adventured in eastern utah with Mary--hiked Arches with Dad--
--ran the Island Park Stampede 5K--sewed a quilt of all my high school t-shirts--
--drew Christin another coloring book--got a 4.0 one semester--moved home (again)--
--celebrated grandpa's 90th birthday--experienced my second root canal--
--got a puppy (Ruby!)--interviewed for real jobs--blogged about my delights--
--went to the U2 concert with the Hewlett sisters--had both Craig and LB for sleepovers--
--got a sewing machine and sewed up a storm--shot an uzi--went to 3 new temples--
--got to see sister b and meet her husband--saw sister k in america--went to sister h's sealing--
--locked myself out of my house--shook elder oaks's hand--drank more diet coke than water--
--pulled out more creativity than ever before--received more blessings from serving a mission--
--spent outrageous amounts of time studying and skype studying with Mary--
--took tests--wrote papers--wrote reports--tested cute kids with CP

The list goes on, I just can't think of anymore. It has been a great year!

1 comment:

  1. that is a great year! way to go on a 4.0 semester. and i loved the last book you drew for christin...i'm sure the new one is equally adorable.

    ReplyDelete