Saturday, January 21, 2012

I delight in inspired answers.

Sometimes I get in a fight with blogs. If I'm not careful...I start focusing on the things I don't have as opposed to all the many blessings I have been blessed with. Hence, me and google reader have regular clean out sessions. A while back, I started a hunt for uplifting websites. I love personal blogs and enjoy reading about what is going on in the lives of my friends and family. I love blogs with beautiful pictures by my fantastically talented friends. I love blogs that teach me how to do things. I love blogs that show me a new way of looking at life.

The other day, I ran across the blog entitled: The Redheaded Hostess. I linked her site to the title. Anyway, she has some of the most fantastic advice about how to organize gospel studies--by both topic and chapter. I'm always looking for a new way of doing that as my current system has recently experienced multi-system failure. Anyway, if you're interested in re-charging and synthesizing your studies--check out here, here and here.

The reason I loved the way the Redheaded Hostess organized scripture study is because of this talk. I was a student at BYU at the time and Elder Bednar's talk entitled "A Reservoir of Living Water" hit me like something strong. I realized that I wasn't getting all that I could out of my scripture study. I realized, if I was merely reading or drawing wimpy parallels to my life, that I was short-sighting myself of something so much better. Since then, things have changed. I have learned to love more and more the patterns, themes and connections that are embedded in the standard works of scripture (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price).

I am grateful that learning is a process. I'm grateful of the Lord's mindfulness of us, what we need, when we need it, to take us to higher planes of learning and integration.

No comments:

Post a Comment