Friday, January 13, 2012

I delight in my first week of externship!


This was a picture I took on my first day, walking into McKay-Dee Hospital.
Thanks to HIPAA and good common sense, there's not a lot I can tell you but I can tell you that I love what I get to do. I appreciate and feel privileged to have such a fantastic supervisor. I love the experiences I am having and all the things I am learning. I love that education is such a big part of what we get to do. However, by the end of my third full day, I started to get a little overwhelmed by all the new stuff. Needless to say, 2 days off have done me good.

Strength. Consistency. Flexibility. Prioritization. Not getting worked up.

1 comment:

  1. are you doing acute or rehab? i did acute at the IMC and loved it (it was a lot of diagnostic work which was fun and a lot of swallowing, i think he therapy learning opportunities would have been better in rehab though). hospitals in general are fun i think

    ReplyDelete