Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who are you gonna be?


Choices. Life is made of them. We make thousands of them every day. Each choice shapes our world and the experience we have here in a place called mortality.

Change. Another one of my favorite c words. I'm so grateful for change. The ability to change and to choose and accept change is one of the greatest blessings in life.

Commitment. This one became a buzz word of sorts for me as a missionary. It all started with a BYU article that changed my mission and changed my life for the better.

With these three c words in mind (the unplanned alliteration sneaks onto the scene) I pose the question, "who are you gonna be?" Life is not a game of chance, it is a game of choice and the choice is ours. (thank you Liz Craig) Tonight as I sat in a room with people I love dearly, I thought of the choices I had and as the spirit touched my heart, I knew that my choice was the same one it had always been because it was still the same choice and commitment I'd made a long time ago. I was also grateful for the ability to change because the people in the room were not the same as I'd known them so long ago, they'd changed, and gratefully, so had I. Later as I was reading an e-mail from a friend whom I also love dearly but had been out of touch with for some time, my heart ached as I read of the twists in her road. My heart was also enlivened however by the hope of her spirit and the choices she recognized she had and the chance/blessing she had to commit to good things and change for the better.

And so, in essence, I delight in the opportunity of another day. For the choice to change and to commit. Life is a blessing, its a gift we've been given. Let's make it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment