Sunday, January 1, 2012

I delight in a brand new year.


I brought the new year in with a bang. Literally. It is indeed me in that large coat and horrendous hat. But its an uzi in my hand--so that overrides and makes the entire picture amazing!

2011 is over and 2012 is here.

All 2011 I thought--this is the year of death. In retrospect, it was a year of comfort. For the most part at least. I spent the year doing 3 semesters of school, working in a safe clinic with supervisors watching most every move. I had colleagues who were also students who experienced this same steep learning curve. We did it together. We became family. 2012 leads me out into the big bold world. Oh the places I can go. First I venture into an externship next week. That means me, in a hospital with people who have conditions, diseases, disorders that I've never seen or heard of before and who are all over the board in regards to life circumstances, possibility for recovery, familial support, etc. Indeed, this is the year I step right on out of my comfort zone and take a swim (so to speak).

But it's a brand new year and that alone excites me. Stepping out of my comfort zone, as much as my stomach hates it, is exciting and keeps me progressing. There are lots of things I want to do this year, lots of accomplishments that will happen (graduation--hello?!?), and I'm sure a fair share of trials. But I'm in. I'm all in.

Here's to learning new things, making new friends, becoming a little more kind, more quick to observe and more diligent in doing the things I know I should. Here's to more service toward others, new opportunities and new experiences. Here's to keeping my family and friends near and dear but expanding the circle to develop new and quality relationships with others. Here's to laughing and loving more. Here's to running and hiking more. Here's to a year to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Great outlook! I hope it is an amazing year for you and it brings new and exciting opportunities that bring you happiness! And getting to shoot an uzi is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete